TEMPORARY Administrative Positions
Job ID: 14364
For UCOP internal applicants, please login to the internal candidate gateway at: Jobs at UCOP
UC OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT
At the University of California (UC), your contributions make a difference. A world leader producing Nobel and Pulitzer prize recipients with over 150 years of groundbreaking research transforming the world. Choose a career where you can leverage your knowledge, skills and aspirations to inspire and support some of the greatest minds in the world, and those who will follow in their footsteps. Working at the University of California is being part of a unique institution, and a vibrant and diverse community. At the University of California, Office of the President, we propel our mission through impactful work locally, in government centers and systemwide. We are passionate people, serving the greater good.
The University of California, one of the largest and most acclaimed institutions of higher learning in the world, is dedicated to excellence in teaching, research and public service. The University of California Office of the President is the headquarters to the 10 campuses, five medical centers and three national laboratories and enrolls premier students from California, the nation and the world. Learn more about the UC Office of the President
The University of California Office of the President operates an in-house temporary program called TOPS (Temporary Office of the President Staffing), which seeks skilled administrative professionals. TOPS employees provide temporary assistance to UCOP departments to complete special projects, fill in for employees on vacation or other leave, or provide coverage during open recruitment periods. Hourly rates and duties vary depending on the classification of positions. Assignments range in length from one month to two years, depending on vacancy/needs. The TOPS program is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable UC experience. We have been very fortunate to have several employees in the TOPS program eventually apply, interview, and get hired into career positions at UCOP!
Typical TOPS positions within the administrative family include roles or in areas such as: Data Entry clerks, Document Management, Administrative Assistant, Administrative Officer, Executive Assistant, Legal Support Specialist, Finance and Accounting, Marketing and Project Policy Analyst.
The following are a sample of what may be required, although specific openings will include their own unique set of duties/responsibilities:
- Manages calendar and scheduling manager or several members of department leadership.
- Manages meeting preparation and support for department (logistics, travel, reimbursements, etc.).
- Updates and maintains department websites using basic knowledge of web editing tools.
- Collaborates with the Business Resource Center (BRC) on purchasing/invoicing, reimbursements, and contracts.
- Prepares error-free correspondence and other written materials for department business needs.
- Maintains general orderliness of shared office spaces, including supplies and copier areas.
- Maintains department filing systems (electronic and non-electronic).
- Assists in preparing budget for contract and grant proposals, and monitors expenses.
- Working knowledge in administrative procedures
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook and Powerpoint)
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, active listening, critical thinking, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Calendaring experience with Microsoft Outlook
- High School diploma and at least two years' experience, or a combination of education and experience.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary: $22.00 to $40.00 / hour
Benefits: For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit: Benefits of Belonging
HOW TO APPLY
Please be prepared to attach a cover letter and resume with your application.
APPLICATION REVIEW DATE
The position will be open until filled.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Background Check Process: Successful completion of a background check is required for this critical position. Background check process at UCOP
Smoke Free Work Environment: The University of California, Office of the President, is smoke & tobacco-free as of January 1, 2014. UC Smoke & Tobacco Free Policy
The University of California, Office of the President, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. EEO/AA Employer UC Nondiscrimination Policy
The University of California, Office of the President, strives to make this job board accessible to any and all users. If you have comments regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at Accessibility or email the Human Resource Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucop/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=19&JobOpeningId=14364&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency