Public Safety Field Supervisor
Job No: 500945
Work Type: Regular
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: Public Safety
Provide and maintain a safe and secure environment while respecting the rights and dignity of individuals utilizing programs and facilities of Pepperdine University. The mission shall be accomplished within the constraints of federal, state and local laws and ordinances.
- Provide leadership and daily supervision to all officers as well as field operational support while on duty; directly supervise field activity, assignments, and personnel as the watch commander.
- Spend the majority of time in the field in pursuit of the successful completion of building security checks, foot/vehicle patrols, officer report writing, book operations, parking enforcement, fleet management (including vehicle check-off sheets), key control, daily briefing meetings, officer activity logs, scheduling, service requests, trainings, crime prevention education, and other designated duties.
- Support the University's mission, ethics code, and all applicable standards and policies by encouraging and maintaining a safe, peaceful, and orderly community through education, enforcement, emergency response, and services delivered 24-hours a day, 365 days per year.
- Serve as Incident Commander and Event Supervisor as needed.
- Develop and maintain positive community relations through community-oriented public safety goals to create bonds of trust and reliance between officers and members of our community.
- Collaborate with and support Public Safety personnel and members of the Pepperdine community to foster and maintain a positive, honorable, fiscally prudent, efficient, and professional work environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Public Safety leadership.
- Uphold University mission through work performed. Respect and honor the values of and commitment to Christianity which is foundational to Pepperdine University. Devote full attention to responsibilities when on duty.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: High school education. Substantive public safety experience. Possess or obtain within the first 90 days of employment CPR and basic first aid certificates. Supportive of the Christianity mission of Pepperdine University with the ability and desire to promote the University's mission. Supportive of and willing to adhere to the University's Code of Ethics. Strong interpersonal skills, including a pleasant disposition and an ability to communicate with diplomacy and tact in sensitive situations. Ability to maintain confidential information. Ability to exercise sound judgment and work independently. Ability to handle multiple, simultaneous responsibilities in potentially stressful situations. Ability and willingness to work a wide variety of shifts, including potential late night/early morning hours, weekends, and holidays. Possibly working extended shifts on short notice and/or being called into work outside normal scheduled hours. Available to work a flexible workweek and ability to rotate to new shift assignments as assigned. Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to enter data into a variety of computer software programs and communicate daily via email. Thorough knowledge of law enforcement and public safety methods. Knowledge of crowd control and traffic enforcement techniques. General knowledge of local, state, and federal laws, including the California Vehicle Code. Knowledge of investigative techniques. Ability to supervise others. Ability to assist in fire fighting and rescue operations. Possess a valid Class C, California driver's license and good driving record.
Preferred: Two or more years of college. P.O.S.T. Basic Modular Course Level III, Level II and Level I; or P.O.S.T. Basic Academy; or P.O.S.T. Modules A, B, C and D; or Appointed as a Level One Reserve Officer prior to January 1, 1997. Three years of supervisory experience in public safety or related field. Experience with Pepperdine University. Hazardous Materials First Responder certification or higher.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Nonexempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
To Apply: To apply, visit: http://jobs.pepperdine.edu/cw/en/job/500945/public-safety-field-supervisor.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency