Faculty Positions - Visiting Assistant Professor University of California Santa Barbara Department of Mathematics
University of California Santa Barbara
Position title: VAP- Visiting Assistant Professor Salary range: The posted UC Salary Scales set the minimum pay determined by rank and/or step at appointment. See Table 1 for the salary history range. A reasonable estimate for this position at 100% time is $78,700. Percent time: 100 Anticipated start: July 01, 2024 or later Application Window
Open date: November 3, 2023
Next review date: Sunday, Dec 3, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Sunday, Jun 30, 2024 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
VISITING POSITIONS: One or more special one-year visiting assistant professorships may be available, with possibility of renewal for additional years, up to three years in total. These positions carry a teaching load of 4.5 one-quarter courses per year. Excellence in research, potential for interaction with faculty at UC Santa Barbara and evidence of (or potential for) good teaching are desired.
Successful candidates will have a record of collaborative research, and will be able to leverage synergies within the Mathematics Department and Division.
Further information about Mathematics at UCSB can be found at: http://www.math.ucsb.edu.
The University is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through research, teaching and service as appropriate to the position.
Basic qualifications (required at time of application)
At a minimum, applicants must have completed all requirements for PhD (or equivalent) in Math or a related field, except the dissertation (or equivalent) at time of application.
Additional qualifications (required at time of start)
PhD (or equivalent) in Math or a related field conferred by the anticipated appointment start date
A demonstrated record of excellence in research, and a record of (or potential for) excellent teaching are desired.
Successful candidates will have a record of collaborative research.
Contributions to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through research, teaching and service, as applicable are also desirable
- American Mathematical Society Cover Sheet - available online at:
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Statement of Research - Describe research experience and interests, highlighting major contributions to the field thus far, as well as areas to be investigated in future work. This statement may also include information about potential areas of collaboration within the department or campus and the research's potential for sustained impact. (2-4 pages)
- Statement of Teaching - Describe teaching experience and interests, highlighting courses taught and/or planned and teaching approaches and practices (e.g., lecturing style, assessment choices) adopted or likely to be adopted in these courses. (1-3 pages)
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values at UC Santa Barbara. Our excellence can only be fully realized by faculty, staff, and students who share our commitment to these values. The department strongly encourages all applicants to submit an optional Statement of Contributions to Diversity, addressing past and/or potential contributions to diversity through research, teaching, and service. This statement, if submitted, will be reviewed for evidence of, or potential for, teaching, research, professional and/or public service contributions that promote diversity and equal opportunity, such as effective strategies used for the educational advancement of students in various under-represented groups; demonstrated contributions to the advancement of equitable access and diversity in education; and contributions furthering diversity and equal opportunity in higher education through participation in such activities as recruitment, retention, and mentoring of scholars and students.
- 4 letters of reference required
Applicants will need to arrange for four (4) references to submit letters of recommendation on their behalf via the recruitment website. It is encouraged that one of the letters will be directed towards teaching.
Apply link: https://recruit.ap.ucsb.edu/JPF02628
Help contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California Policy on Vaccination Programs, as may be amended or revised from time to time. Federal, state, or local public health directives may impose additional requirements.
Santa Barbara, CA
To apply, please visit: https://recruit.ap.ucsb.edu/JPF02628
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency