FACILITY SECURITY TECHNICIAN
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
Campus Location: District-wide
The Facility Security Technician reports to the Chief of Police, to be assigned District-wide. The work schedule is 12 months per year; Monday - Friday; 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
This position is represented by CSEA (California School Employees Association), Chapter 363.
Under general supervision, the Facility Security Technician performs skilled maintenance, repair and technical duties related to access control, alarm monitoring and security surveillance systems. The position installs, configures, troubleshoots, maintains hardware and networks, and assists with complex facilities security jobs. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Configure, operate, monitor and maintain access control and alarm monitoring, security surveillance, and key lock systems, including configuration of user IDs and security levels.
2. Program and maintain server generated events for security hardware, including doors, lockdown activations, glass break detectors, door position monitors.
3. Troubleshoot and solve applicable software, hardware and facility security system problems.
4. Operate and maintain video management system servers, infrastructure and workstations; coordinate user management, camera and encoder programming and alarms.
5. Research, evaluate and recommend new facility technology, hardware, software and systems; liaison with vendors and service contractors.
6. Map out and maintain key lock system for new and existing buildings; provide recommendations and specifications for purchase; identify locations for stand-alone and network proximity readers.
7. Participate in and coordinate projects related to access control and CCTV systems. Ensure that the scope of work comply with District standards and specifications and existing systems and equipment.
8. Train and provide support to end-users in the use of access control systems, CCTV and related components.
9. Maintain storage and inventory of supplies and equipment in a safe operating condition.
10. Confer with appropriate administrator regarding cost effective use of materials and supplies.
11. Perform other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Basic methods, tools, and techniques of testing, troubleshooting, problem solving and maintenance of hardware and software related to facility security systems.
2. Basic operational characteristics of technology related to access control, alarm monitoring and CCTV.
3. Principles and practices related to facility security such as computers, mobile devices, audiovisual, network, client server technologies, network operating systems and communication systems.
4. Basic hardware and software related to facility security systems.
5. Modern methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in locksmith work including electronic door systems.
6. Key code systems used to generate Master keys.
7. Hardware specifications and reference codes used in design and construction of locks and related hardware.
8. Occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
9. Applicable safety codes, ordinances and regulations.
10. Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
11. Principles and practices of record keeping.
Skills and Ability to:
1. Install, maintain, repair and modify a variety of computer equipment, software and electronic equipment and systems relative to facility security.
2. Operate and maintain hand tools and specialized locksmith tools, materials and equipment.
3. Maintain computerized and manual records.
4. Maintain tools and equipment in safe, clean and proper working condition.
5. Cut keys and re-key locks.
6. Read blueprints and schematic diagrams.
7. Plan and organize work to meet changing deadlines and priorities.
8. Program electronic locks and locking devices.
9. Adapt to changing technologies and learn functionality of new equipment and systems.
10. Work independently with little direction.
11. Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
12. Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
13. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Educational equivalent to an associates degree, with additional training or major coursework in information systems, security or a related field.
2. Minimum two years of responsible experience related to access control and security systems.
3. Must be able to pass background check for police department personnel.
License and Certificate:
1. A valid California motor vehicles drivers license.
1. Bilingual abilities, desirable.
Districts Diversity Requirements
$83,755 - $102,208 Annual Salary (Range 122: Classified Salary Schedule Fiscal Year 2019-2020). Starting placement is generally at Step 1.
Excellent fringe benefit package includes a pension, medical, dental, vision, EAP (employee assistance plan) and life insurance for employee and eligible dependents, and income protection. Voluntary plans include supplemental life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403b and 457 Deferred Compensation Accounts. Classified employees also receive vacation, 12 sick leave days and 18 paid holidays.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://sjeccd.peopleadmin.com/
About San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
As of fall 2017, with enrollment of approximately 18,500 per semester, and an extremely diverse student population (Hispanic/Latino 44%, Black/African-American 4%, Asian/Pacific Islander 32%, American Indian/Native American 0.5%, White/Caucasian 11%) attaining educational goals reflecting 45% AA Degree and Transfer to a 4-Year College/ University, the Districts emphasis on student success makes it a recognized educational leader in the State.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse group of managers, supervisors and confidential staff consisting of 29 % Hispanic/Latino, 13% Asian/Pacific Islander, 7% Black/African American, 23% White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency