Director of Revenue Cycle Management - 901
Alameda | California | United States
Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 150 programs and over 4,200 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Employment Status: Full Time
Days: Monday - Friday
Telecare is proud to have been recognized by The Bay Area Business Times as the 9thBest Place To Work In the Bay Area for 2020! This is the 18th time we have made the list!
The Director of Revenue Cycle Management works with the Vice President of Revenue Cycle to proactively achieve company financial goals and strategic priorities. This individual must have a thorough understanding of the entire revenue cycle process and provide leadership as well as partner with other leaders within the organization. The Director RCM will drive performance improvement and revenue enhancement opportunities, and as a subject matter expert they will assist/lead/execute in providing strategy, decision support, organizational planning, and operational leadership to optimize productivity, quality, and overall company revenue. The Director of RCM will provide direct supervision to the Fee for Service Managers, Contract Billing Manager and Cash Management Supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree (business, accounting, or healthcare preferred) and eight (8) years of billing and collection experience with five (5) years of management responsibilities in a billing environment for a large physician practice, hospital, or medical background
- Five (5) years of successful staff management experience with proven ability to train, coach, performance improvement and provide disciplinary action
- 2 years of college-level accounting course work or accounting experience, such as aging reconciliations/auditing as well as a command of basic accounting functions
- Detailed knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial insurance billing and collections, preferably in a psychiatric hospital or skilled medical facility environment
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to make decisions in a fast paced, multi-faceted environment while simultaneously motivate, mentor and supervise a Revenue Cycle Management team to success
- Prior experience developing/implementing/designing a billing software system desired
- Superior knowledge and experience in full revenue cycle, from admission to collections
- Proven ability to develop and implement revenue cycle workflows, key performance indicators, service level agreements, and policies and procedures
- Experience with analyzing, interpreting, and implementing payer contracts with complex reimbursement structures, including cost reimbursement, income statement/line item billing as well as capitated agreements
- Thorough understanding of medical billing, collections, write-offs, payment posting, audits, and of local and federal payer regulations
- Ability to drive strategic initiatives, strategic planning, and process improvement
- Ability to gather and analyze key information and determine an appropriate course of action and implement it successfully
- Goal-driven with the ability to manage multiple priorities with a high level of detail
- Strong working knowledge of Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and various revenue and EMR
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, a valid driver 's license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at the time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
- Demonstrate the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
- Establish and implement metrics to monitor revenue cycle including outstanding revenue, cash as a percentage of net revenue and net collectible value, conversion rate, denial rate, unbilled,
- Process large quantities of data, monitor and set Key Performance Indicators and research any and remove all barriers to success
- Implement current and future strategies to improve cash flow and minimize bad debt
- Hands on leader who manages the operations of the revenue cycle management department, encompassing claims submission, payment posting, accounts receivable follow-up and reimbursement
- Work with internal stakeholders and business partners to evaluate and analyze existing systems and processes, and develop strategic objectives and implement improvements that support revenue cycle goals and growth
- Work with the Director, Revenue Cycle Systems to enhance and expand the use of the current electronic health record
- Work with IT to develop analytics dashboard and integrate multiple systems to produce real-time data for operational, managerial, and executive leadership including revenue, projected revenue, projected cash collection, productivity, denial metrics,
- Participate in payer negotiations, review contracts, implement contracts and oversee resolution of contract payment issues, and assist in collection efforts
- Develop long and short-term plans for achieving program objectives and operational goals both requiring fiscal visibility, budgetary control, productivity targets, develop data collection systems and prepare regular statistical and progress reports
- Research and process large quantities of data analyze trends and identify and correct areas where behavior is not compliant with expectations
- Analyze, interpret and implement payer contracts with complex reimbursement structures, including cost reimbursement, income statement/line item billing as well as capitated agreements
- Collaborates with other management staff and company leaders in strategic planning and development of the Revenue Cycle Management with the goal of ensuring ongoing effective billing and collection of revenues
- Establish, update, maintain and implement program centric Revenue Cycle policies and procedures
- Recruit, hire, train and mentor department staff to maximize their professional growth and the overall growth of the department
- Establish clear performance objectives, clearly communicate objectives and consistently monitor performance against objectives to accurately and fairly evaluate and drive employee effectiveness
- Demonstrates an understanding of Telecare 's customers including clients/residents, families and governmental agencies in all interactions and conduct
- Accountable for meeting customer needs and adapting to changing customer needs always
- Remove barriers that prevent the timely billing and collection of patient accounts and Implement current and future strategies to improve cash flow, minimize bad debt
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
- Strong leadership and management skills with the ability to motivate, mentor and supervise
- Strong attention to details and retention of informationMust be comfortable making decisions in a fast paced, evolving environment
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Strong working knowledge of Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and various revenue and EMR software
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is constantly required to sit and occasionally required to stand, walk, reach, twist, bend, pull and lift and carry items weighing 10 pounds or less as well as to do simple grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity. Visual requirements include computers and books exposure.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
To apply, visit http://www.lifeattelecare.com/jobs/director-of-revenue-cycle-management-901-alameda-california-united-states?source=generic&utm_source=generic
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency