This ad is expired.
Child Development Center Associate Teacher, 20hrs/week - California City
Kern Community College District
Position Number: 03299
Posting Date: 05/04/2021
Position Closing Date:
Initial Screening Date: 06/08/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Classified
Work Week: 20 hrs per week, 12 month position
Minimum Salary: $1,213.24 per month
Maximum Salary: $1,445.40 per month
Our competitive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance; long-term disability insurance, and an employee assistance program (EAP).
In addition, employees have the option to purchase:
- Flex 125
- AFLAC Policy
- Supplemental voluntary life insurance
- 403b Tax Shelter Annuity
All coverages begin on the first day of the month following the hire date. Employees are covered under the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS) and are vested 100% after five years of full time service.
Benefit Website Link:
College/Site: Cerro Coso College
Location: CC-Main Campus, Ridgecrest
Under supervision, provide assistance to the classroom teacher in the care, development, and instruction of preschool children and infants in a child development center program.
- Assist the Teacher in planning and coordination of classroom activities and instruction; develop and maintain developmentally appropriate, safe learning environments.
- Supervise and directly interact with children in a warm and positive manner.
- Prepare age and developmentally appropriate lesson outlines, plans, and other activities for science, math, music, art, language, social, emotional, and physical development of the children; submit to Teacher for review.
- Conduct demonstrations and learning activities for children.
- Serve as primary caregiver for an assigned group of children; perform initial and periodic state required evaluations.
- Conduct conferences with parents to discuss child status, progress, and problems; assist in developing and implementing conflict management and problem solving strategies with children.
- Follow center policies and procedures including those for health and safety; provide information to employees, volunteers, students, and families on health, safety, and transportation, and other policies.
- Oversee groups of children in various indoor and outdoor activities; set up and disassemble playground equipment; assure safe indoor and outdoor play.
- Supervise the use of the restrooms; change and launder wet or soiled clothes; change diapers; assist in toilet training.
- Prepare and serve nutritional snacks and lunches; prepare bottles, formulas and infant meals; assist in preparing and revising basic menus; supervise snack and meal times.
- Administer basic First Aid as needed; teach and encourage good health and safety habits.
- Perform light housekeeping duties including washing dishes, clearing lunch tables, sweeping floors, and emptying waste receptacles; maintain the classroom and outdoor environment in a safe, sanitary, and orderly condition.
- Operate a variety of classroom equipment and appliances including a copier, laminator, paper cutter, computer, vacuum cleaner, washer, dryer, and microwave; assure proper food storage; sterilize kitchen area; maintain food production worksheets.
- Maintain appropriate records as requested.
- Assist in identifying special needs of children and/or families.
- Oversee and participate in evaluation of laboratory students and the supervision of activities.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to:
Graduation from high school supplemented by twelve semester units of course work in early childhood education or a related field AND one year of experience working with children in an organized setting. Possession of, or eligibility to obtain and retain, a Child Development Associate Teacher Permit issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Maintain satisfactory level of progress toward and the successful completion of the Professional Development requirement for Permit renewal.
- Completion of pediatric CPR and first aid training through an accredited or approved program.
- Possession of a current pediatric CPR and first aid certificate.
- Satisfactory completion of a pre-employment physical assessment.
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment drug testing.
- Clear criminal record check including fingerprints.
Note: Degrees and credits generally must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406).
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Early childhood education programs, practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of current best practices for inclusive early childhood education settings.
- Instructional and tutorial techniques.
- Requirements of maintaining a childrens center in a safe, clean, and orderly condition.
- Policies and objectives of assigned program and activities.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy.
- Health and safety regulations.
- Principles and practices of personal hygiene.
- Sanitation practices related to handling and serving food.
- Basic First Aid techniques.
- Develop age and developmentally appropriate lesson plans and outlines.
- Effectively conduct activities for children.
- Monitor the behavior of young children and oversee activities.
- Maintain a childrens center in a safe, clean, and orderly condition.
- Apply basic principles and practices of nutrition.
- Administer basic First Aid.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Prepare and serve food in accordance with health and safety regulations.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Observe health and safety regulations.
Salary Grade: 29.0
Special Instructions to Applicants:
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; but those received by 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) on June 8, 2021 are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
- List of six (6) professional references Listed on application form
It is the applicants responsibility to redact (or remove) any personal information from all documents prior to uploading. This includes Social Security Numbers, Date of Birth, and any photos of the applicant.
Foreign Degree: Applicants with foreign degrees from colleges or universities outside of the United States must have their coursework evaluated by a professional association that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute, INC. (ACEI). A copy of the evaluation must be submitted with your on-line application.
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
EEO Plan 2018-2021
Note: The District is strongly committed to achieving staff diversity and the principles of equal employment opportunity. The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, or because he/she is perceived to have one or more of the foregoing characteristics, or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law, in any of its policies, procedures or practices.
Discrimination Free Work Environment
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/15163. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency