This ad is expired.
Aquatics Assistant Director
Location: Santa Cruz
Job ID: 57268
The University of California has implemented a Vaccination Policy covering all employees. Employees, including new hires, are required to comply with any applicable policies relating to the University of California's COVID-19 vaccine program.
HOW TO APPLY
For full consideration, applicants should attach their resume and cover letter when applying for a job opening. For guidance related to the application process or if you are experiencing difficulties when applying, please review the Applicant Resources on our Talent Acquisition website.
INITIAL REVIEW DATE (IRD)
UC Santa Cruz staff jobs are posted until filled. Application materials submitted by 11:59 pm on the IRD will be routed to the hiring unit for consideration. Materials submitted after the IRD will ONLY be forwarded at the request of the hiring unit. To ensure your application is routed for consideration, submit your materials before 11:59 p.m. on the IRD. Talent Acquisition cannot accept application materials outside of the jobs portal, and is unable to update submitted applications on an applicant's behalf, or forward communications to the hiring units. For more information about the IRD and the applicant review process, view this link.
The IRD for this job is: 09-11-2023
ABOUT UC SANTA CRUZ
UC Santa Cruz is a public university like no other in California, combining the experience of a small, liberal arts college with the depth and rigor of a major research university. It's known as an unconventional place where innovation and experimentation is part of the campus's DNA. That playful, bold spirit still thrives today, all on a campus renowned as among the most beautiful in the world.
At UC Santa Cruz, we strive to enrich the total educational experience by promoting physical activity, encouraging health and wellness, building community, and cultivating leadership. Through our diverse offerings in athletics, classes, workshops, outdoor adventure trips, intramural sports leagues, tournaments, clubs, drop-in activities, and recreational facilities, we strive to provide opportunities for UCSC students, staff and faculty, retirees, alumni, and local community members to participate. As one of the largest student employers on campus, we also have many work-study and non-work student jobs in our facilities and programs. Our goal is to provide a wide variety of programs and physical activities that promote and enhance community, learning, leadership, lifelong wellness, and academic success.
More information can be found at: https://recreation.ucsc.edu/index.html
Uses advanced intercollegiate athletics concepts and campus objectives to resolve highly complex issues for a large operational unit. Regularly works on highly complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Typically leads or supervises other staff or students.
Budgeted Salary: $67,400/annually
Under California law, the University of California, Santa Cruz is required to post a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. The salary shown above is the budgeted amount the University reasonably expects to pay and the salary extended should not exceed this posted amount.
Benefits Level Eligibility: Full benefits
- Full-time, Fixed
- Percentage of Time: 100%, 40 Hours per Week
- Days of the Week: Mon-Fri, weekends as necessary
- Shift Includes: Day, evening & weekends as necessary
Employee Classification: Career appointment
Job End Date: None
Work Location: UC Santa Cruz Main Campus
Union Representation: Non-Represented
Job Code Classification: ATH PROFL 4 (004151)
Travel: Never or Rarely
35% - OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
- Oversees and assists with all administrative and operational aspects of a highly complex intercollegiate athletics and recreation program and all activities in and around the pool facility.
- Manages and fulfills outside facility rental requests.
- Manages program scheduling for P.E, Varsity Swim & Dive teams, Sports Club teams, Intramural programming, Camps/Clinics, Recreation programming, community groups and external rentals.
- Responsible for purchasing equipment related to the pool operations.
35% - SUPERVISION/TRAINING
- Supervises all pool-related Program Leaders and Aquatic related instructors, including P.E and SCUBA Instructors.
- Oversees hiring, scheduling, and teaching of P.E. instructors and courses that include; Level I-non swimmers, Level I-Beginning, Level II- lap swimming and Swim Conditioning.
- Supervises and oversees all aspects of lifeguard staff including lifeguarding job requirements, training, hiring, discipline, scheduling, payroll, and day to day issues.
- Provides Water Safety Instructor training and certifications.
10% - COORDINATION/REVENUE GENERATION
- Coordinates with the various internal programs, community groups, and external rentals to fill the needs of all users and generate revenue. This includes P.E, Varsity teams (Men's and Women's Swim & Dive Teams), Recreation (Lap swim), Club Sports, Intramurals Sports, Campus partners including Conference Services groups (Summer Camps), SCUBA, External rentals (Santa Cruz Masters Swim and other community and non-student groups).
10% - MAINTENANCE/PROJECTS
- Provides a clean, safe, and functional outdoor swimming pool.
- Coordinates with Physical Plant for chemical, heating, plumbing, water flow, filtration, water sanitation, and scheduling of special projects. Projects include back washing, filter replacement, plumbing upgrades, heater and solar projects, chlorine and pH balance, clarity, and heating.
- Monitors and schedules weekly maintenance needs including vacuuming pool, checking handicap lifts, cleaning and repair of diving boards, cleaning and checking pool ladders, cleaning pool gutters, cleaning pool decks and repair and maintenance of lane lines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Advanced knowledge of program activity and best practices.
- Problem-solving skills.
- The ability to manage multiple projects, multi-task and work with frequent interruptions.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in the English language. Excellent listening skills.
- Excellent written communication skills in the English language.
- Proficiency in the use of computer applications relevant to job duties.
- Masters degree in related area and / or equivalent experience.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
All UCSC employees must understand and follow job safety procedures, attend required health and safety training, proactively promote safety at work, and promptly report actual and potential accidents and injuries.
The University of California is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application:
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit, they must be submitted on or before the initial review date (IRD) via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site; https://jobs.ucsc.edu. A computer is available at the UC Santa Cruz Staff Human Resources Office located at Scotts Valley Center. The Scotts Valley Center is located at 100 Enterprise Way, Suite E100, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. To learn more or to request disability accommodations, call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service at 800-735-2922. UC Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency