Accounts Payable Associate, Accounts Payable, D...
About Mount Saint Mary's University:
Mount Saint Mary's is the only women's university in Los Angeles and one of the most diverse in the nation. The University is known nationally for its research on gender equity, its innovative health and science programs, and its commitment to community service. As a leading liberal arts institution, Mount Saint Mary's provides year-round, flexible and online programs at the undergraduate and graduate level. Weekend, evening and graduate programs are offered to both women and men. Mount alums are engaged, active, global citizens who use their knowledge and skills to better themselves, their communities and the world. www.msmu.edu
Mount Saint Mary's University is an equal opportunity employer. The University is thoroughly committed both to providing equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees, and to providing a work environment that is free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. The University will not assist applicants with any visa matters. A background check will be required. Applicants must also provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination of condition of employment.
Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Controller, the Accounts Payable Associate is responsible for independently processing the payment of invoices, student refunds, and employee reimbursements. The Accounts Payable Associate manages records, prepares annual 1099's, and assists with other disbursement related duties as needed. Incumbent maintains relations with University vendors, as well as providing superior customer services to all constituents within the MSMU community. The Associate also performs administrative and accounting functions related to the MSMU corporate credit card program.
- Review all disbursement requests for appropriate authorization and sufficient supporting documents, accurate account distribution, and compliance with University purchasing and expense policies.
- Process invoices, new vendor information, 1099 Forms, and disbursement requests through the Accounts Payable, Perceptive Content, and check printing applications.
- Performs administrative and accounting related functions for the MSMU corporate credit card program, including reconciling user receipts to statements, ensuring spending policy compliance, preparing journal entries and providing related administrative support.
- Process all payments according to the terms of their related contracts/agreements. These include, but are not limited to, rental agreements, leases, and financing contracts.
- Responsible for maintaining AP-related invoices, agreements, contracts and any other documents requiring retention.
- Responsible for the creation and upload of ACH files for vendor payments as well as the submission of check disbursement positive pay files.
- Perform systems testing for software updates.
- Supervision: Assist with supervision of Accounts Payable student workers. This includes leading by example, conducting performance reviews on an annual basis and providing mentorship on a professional level.
- Maintain accurate vendor files including current IRS form W-9s, payee bank data, and contact information.
- Respond to faculty, staff, student, and vendor inquiries in a timely manner.
- Work with the Student Accounts Department to ensure timely and accurate student refunds payments, some via ACH ("eRefunds) as well as with manual checks.
- Participate in the development and implementation of Accounts Payable related policies and procedures. Develop and deliver relevant training to Accounts Payable constituents as needed.
- Work with Enterprise Application Services (Information Technology department) to onboard new users to Perceptive Content invoice routing software and make sure invoices are routing properly.
- Periodically search the State of California unclaimed property database and coordinate claims for property as needed.
- Assist with external audit as needed.
- Must possess strong critical thinking and organizational skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of how to create and maintain filing systems, alpha-numeric and chronological.
- Must have hands on knowledge of computerized Accounts Payable systems.
- Familiarity with general ledger, accounts receivable and bookkeeping procedures is desired.
Abilities and Skills:
- Must be able to professionally and effectively interact with vendors, staff, faculty, administration and students.
- Must be able to efficiently process transactions in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate strong analytical ability.
- Must be detail-oriented and accurate.
- Strong organization, prioritization, oral/written communication, attention to detail and basic mathematics skills.
- Understanding of accounting principles desired.
- Knowledge of Colleague environment a plus.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate Degree or Certification in Business or Accounting related field is desirable.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field a plus.
- Accounts Payable experience, some accounting or bookkeeping experience is desirable but not required.
- Other relevant work experience will be considered.
Work Location: Doheny Campus (Downtown Los Angeles)
Start Date: Immediately
Applications Deadline: Open until filled
The University is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse student population and workforce as a reflection of our commitment to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of learning. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply to be a student or to work for the University.
Please submit cover letter and resume.
To apply, visit https://msmu.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=144079
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-b8aea7bf4202894ba1fd31bd9ce6f0e3